"I've always done things the hard way. I was born like a piece of tangled yarn. The job is trying to untangle it, and I'll probably go on doing it for the rest of my life."
Karen Allen

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Flowers and Hexagons

So, what have I been working on?  Two main projects, one for my daughter Aeryn and one for my niece Ali.  The first is a wall hanging for Aeryn's room.

It is a block of crocheted flowers which I have added beading on some of the petals.  I'm still working on this and will post some pictures when I am done and have it on the wall. The second one is just the hexagons right now, but I found this very pretty pattern for hexagons that have a flower motif in them.

Going to make an afghan with these.  I love the bright colors.  Here is the link for the flower motifs...http://rosehip.typepad.com/rose_hip_blog/2008/11/index.html and the one for the one with the hexagon flowers can be found here...http://heidibearscreative.blogspot.com/2010/05/african-flower-hexagon-crochet-tutorial.html.

Next Friday night I have been invited to a fellowship with other ladies who like to crochet and knit from the church I attend.  Looking forward to "hooking it" with my church ladies.  Pictures to come of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment